March 11, 2022
West Palm Beach, FL
Type of Employment:
Ideabar is a Marketing + Media Agency by Cox Enterprises with expertise in Branding + Creative + Media + Research. Our data-driven, wildly creative, digital natives tell powerful brand stories fluently in all media. We exist to change minds and move markets. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; default to yes; keep the idea moving; and play well with others. We are growing fast because we are helping our clients grow. Our award-winning creative shop is based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The winning candidate will be a key team member of a growing agency backed by one of the world’s largest privately-held, global, values-driven corporations.
The Account Director is responsible for the development of ongoing business relationships and leads and manages a large piece of business and client engagements. The position is responsible for the overall client satisfaction, strategic quality of service, and on-budget completion of the agency’s services.
What’s in it for you:
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
- Manage solid client relationships and assigned account staff and oversee client satisfaction, retention, and growth.
- Interfaces with high-level clients such as the Marketing Director or Chief Marketing Officer.
- Identifies client’s requirements and develops accountable strategic recommendations to deliver business results.
- Support client strategic planning needs and execute an engagement strategy in collaboration with the team and discipline leads.
- Develops high-level scopes and value-based pricing, negotiates, and manages to client budget.
- Leads accounts to achieve marketing objectives and ensure the strategic quality of deliverables.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of accounts such as those of clients, internal goals, and teams.
- Requests project setups and changes, per client needs and communicate strategic direction to project management and creative teams via project briefs + spec sheets.
- Manages account profitability, client conflict resolution + satisfaction and communicates project change impacts to client.
- Serve as a business development resource and actively pursue new revenue sources as well as participate in the strategic development of new business responses and proposal writing.
- Support the Director of Client Engagement with the management of the Account Team which includes: providing adequate training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, and resolving issues/problems.
- Ensure the use of best practices and effective processes across the department and agency.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a marketing or business degree, and/or equivalent job-related experience.
- 7+ years working in the industry preferably at advertising agencies.
- Proven track record of successfully managing large clients and teams.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint skills essential.
- Proven organizational and project management with experience in agency/project mgt systems.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and create quality work in volume.
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic Creative, Brand and Media experience.
- Well-versed with offline and online integrated marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
Who We Are:
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.