August 30, 2021
West Palm Beach, FL
Type of Employment:
Ideabar is a Marketing + Media Agency by Cox Enterprises with expertise in Branding + Creative + Media + Research. Our data-driven, wildly creative, digital SME’s tell powerful brand stories fluently in all media. We exist to change minds and move markets. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; default to yes; keep the idea moving; and play well with others. We are growing fast because we are helping our clients grow.
The winning candidate will be a key team member of a growing agency backed by one of the world’s largest privately held, global, values-driven corporations.
As an Accounting Analyst, you will manage the accounting functions within the agency’s management system, timely and accurate client billing and expense reconciliation, proper revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP, reconciliation between the agency management system and Cox corporate financial systems, and various financial and administrative functions of the agency.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creates and manages client billing records and invoice templates in Ideabar’s agency management system, Workamajig. Creates billing schedules per client contracts.
- Creates monthly client billing worksheets for accounts team. Creates advance bills, pre-bills and/or monthly invoices.
- Coordinates with corporate finance team on posting all cash receipts from clients. Assists corporate team in the accounts receivable collection process, when needed.
- Reconciles client payments and billings on request.
- Maintains records to provide audit trails of posting to AR and AP ledgers.
- Coordinates between Ideabar vendors and corporate accounts payable team in the setup and payment of vendors. Manages vendor records in Workamajig and Strata (for media) to align with Oracle AP.
- Manages purchasing and expense reporting for office P-card. Enters client chargebacks in Workamajig as needed.
- Serves as a first-level business approver for Ideabar invoices processed through Oracle. Approves or corrects invoice coding, as needed.
- Posts vendor invoices for media, production, and other services to client projects in Workamajig, in alignment with Oracle AP. Manages billed-to-actual media reconciliation on client accounts.
- Works with Director of Operations and corporate finance team on the monthly close process. Reviews project status to determine appropriate revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP. Creates journal entry requests for corporate EA team to post in Oracle, as needed.
- Manages journal entries and other accounting functions in Workamajig.
- Is a Workamajig system administrator, responsible for system maintenance, as well as training other employees on system use. Manages month-end data transfers between Workamajig and our corporate financial system, Oracle. Manages monthly reconciliation between systems.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for revenue, client, and project profitability. Alerts relevant leads on any issues. Prepares other ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Assists with other administrative functions, such as requests from clients or vendors for financial information, certificates of insurance, etc., as needed.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in an accounting role, preferably within an advertising agency setting.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business field.
- Experience with accrual accounting and GAAP.
- Experience working with Oracle EBS, Oracle BI and Smart View for Office.
- Experience working within an agency management system (Workamajig preferred).
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential or sensitive matters.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships (Excellent communication skills, both written and oral).
- Detail-oriented. Strong analytical, organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Who We Are:
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.